Terms & Conditions
BIRD’S BASEMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
Bird's Basement is a Jazz Club located at 11 Singers Lane, Melbourne.
These terms are between Bird's Basement and it's patrons defined as ticket holders and theor guests.
The “Ticket Holder” is defined as the person under whose name the tickets have been ordered. This individual bears responsibility for the conduct of their guests. Both the Ticket Holder and their guests have the right to peacefully enjoy the premises and the offerings, including the concert. They are required to respect the venue's furniture and equipment. Entering the premises of Bird’s Basement constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions listed herein.
BIRD’S BASEMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Refund Policy for Tickets and Pre-purchased Goods
- (i) Tickets and food packages purchased on birdsbasement.com cannot be exchanged or refunded unless cancelled 14 days or less before the event. In such cases, Bird’s Basement will refund the purchase price minus a 25% cancellation fee and will not refund the service fee.
- (ii) Cancellations must be made in writing to 0403 454 152 from the same phone number on the customer account with which the the booking was made, or to email@example.com from the same email address from which the booking was made.
- (iii) No refund is provided on the day of the show.
- No Show
- A ticket is considered a no show if the ticket holder has not arrived within 30 minutes after the beginning of the show. Bird’s Basement reserves the right to use the seat allocated to such ticket for another patron. So for example the venue opens its dooes at 6pm, the show starts at 7:30pm. If there is no show by 8pm this clause would apply unless a communication by text to 0403 454 152 that specifies the time of arrival. Note that ‘no shows’ will not be getting any refund even if we have resold the seat.
- Artist Cancellation
- If an artist cancels on the day of the performance, Bird’s Basement may replace the cancelled artist with a suitable artist. If the cancellation occurs one day or more prior to the performance, Bird’s Basement will refund in full the original ticket(s) of the Purchaser through the same payment method used for purchase.
- Seating Arrangements
- Bird’s Basement endeavors to seat parties of up to 12 persons together, subject to the seating category, table availability, and order of purchase date
- Seating Categories and Allocati
- (i) Seating will be within the section of the tickets purchased as defined in the venue plan on the website, subject to clause 6. Larger parties will be accommodated together in one of these areas.
- (ii) Seating is allocated in advance of the show. Any seating requests must be made at the time of booking and are not guaranteed.
- Seating Plan Changes
- Bird’s Basement reserves the right to change the venue's seating plan without notice.
- Ticket Purchase Inclusions
- A ticket purchase includes a seat for the show and covers the service fee. There are two types of seats: Dining Priority seats and Non-Dining Priority Seats. The following sections are Dining: Premium +, Premium Stage, Premium Side, Balcony Stools, and A reserve. A minimum charge of $30 will be applied to each seat, redeemable with food and beverage. All other areas are considered Non-Dining with a minimum consumption of $15, also redeemable with food and beverage. All ticket holders in each category are able to order food and beverage from their tables.
- Admission and Eviction Rights
- (i) Management reserves the right to refuse admission or evict individuals for public order and the enjoyment of other patrons.
- (ii) Management reserves the right to refuse admission or evict individuals for inappropriate or abusive behaviour towards staff or other patrons.
- (iii) Patrons must not block walkways in the venue, for the safety of staff and other patrons.
- Dress Code
- Smart casual is the minimum dress standard. Entry may be denied for inappropriate dress, which includes sports caps, thongs, male singlets, and male shorts.
- Responsible Alcohol Service
- Bird’s Basement is committed to Responsible Alcohol Service.
- Underage Patrons Policy
- Persons under 18 are admitted with a responsible adult and a meal purchase.
- Acceptance of Terms
- Purchasing a ticket(s) signifies acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Pricing Errors
- Bird’s Basement may cancel tickets issued due to pricing errors and refund any payments made. In the case of pricing errors, Bird’s Basement will contact the Purchaser with an option to repurchase the ticket(s) at the correct price.
- Weekend and Public Holiday Surcharge
- Due to penalty clauses imposed by the Awards for employees working on weekends, Bird’s Basement imposes a surcharge of 10% on Saturdays and 15% on Sundays and public holidays on all food and beverage orders.
- Clause Enforceability
- The unenforceability of any clause will not affect the enforceability of the rest of the above clauses in these Terms and Conditions.
- By providing your information, you agree to allow Bird's Basement to use your details for communications, including newsletters about upcoming shows and occasional SMS alerts for concerts of interest. Opting out is possible at any time, but please note that Bird’s Basement maintains a single database; opting out means you will need to re-register to order tickets. Opting out from Bird’s Basement communications will not affect your Jazz Miles Club communications.
- Clause Enforceability
The unenforceability of any clause will not affect the enforceability of the rest of the above clauses in these Terms and Conditions.
BIRD’S BASEMENT ON-LINE ACCOUNT AND JAZZ MILES CLUB PROGRAM – TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Bird’s Basement On-Line Account Jazz Miles Club Program (“JMC”) is operated by Bird’s Basement Pty Ltd (ABN 87607 922 609) of 568 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne, VIC, 3004 (“BB”).
For a full description of the JMC priviledges, please visit the JMC page on the Bird’s Basement website or visit the JMC website.
- Information on how to earn and redeem JMC points forms part of these Terms & Conditions. By participating in JMC, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.*
- To be eligible to participate, you must first open a Jazz Miles Club online account at birdsbasement.com (“JMC Online Account”).*
- One (1) x JMC point = 5c. So, 20 x JMC points = $1.*
- How to earn JMC points: You will earn one (1) x JMC point for each dollar you spend on show tickets (excluding booking/reservation and any transactional fees), and food/beverage packages, when you purchase in advance using your JMC Online Account at birdsbasement.com.*
- All JMC points you earn via advance purchases made using your JMC Online Account will be allocated to your JMC balance after you have attended the Bird’s Basement event for which you purchased the tickets and food/beverage items, and are allocated to you as the JMC Online Account holder regardless of whether you are also purchasing on behalf of others.*
- JMC points cannot be sold or transferred, and cannot be redeemed for cash.*
- How to redeem JMC points: BB will always specify on the BB website the eligible shows and food/beverage packages in respect of which JMC points may be redeemed, and eligible JMC seating and food/beverage package limits will apply in each case, as determined by BB. JMC points are redeemable on a first come, first served basis, up to the limit/s set by BB for the relevant show.*
- Subject to clause 7 and 9 and 10, you can redeem your JMC points against the full purchase price of eligible show ticket(s) and food/beverage packages on advance purchases made using your JMC Online Account. Please note that if you wish to apply your JMC points in part-payment of the full purchase price of the BB online transaction, payment via Paypal is not available (i.e. Credit Card payment only).*
- JMC points cannot be used for purchases made at the venue on the night of the show.*
- Unused JMC points expire after two (2) years.*
- JMC points cannot be redeemed in conjunction with any other discount or offer.*
- BB may change JMC (including how JMC points are earned and redeemed) and these Terms & Conditions at any time, or add new terms and conditions. If we do so, we’ll publish an updated version at birdsbasement.com. Your continued participation in JMC will constitute your acceptance of such changes.*
- BB reserves the right to terminate your JMC Online Account if you do not use it to earn or redeem points for twelve (12) months, or if we believe that you have engaged in fraudulent or unlawful activity, or failed to comply with these Terms & Conditions.
- BB may discontinue JMC at any time in its sole discretion with no liability to participants whatsoever.*
- BB’s decision in relation to any matters arising from JMC is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- When a cancelation of ticket is made no matter under what length of time before the show, the points used for such purchase shall not be reinstated.
- These Terms & Conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria.
USE OF INFORMATION
When you are online, we collect information regarding the pages within our network which you visit and what you click on. As a general rule we do not collect sensitive information. However, if we do, it will usually be for the purposes of providing our goods or services and if the law requires us to, we will seek your consent to collect it.
We use your information to provide our services to you, to fulfil administrative functions associated with these services, for example billing, to enter into contracts with you or third parties and for marketing and client relationship purposes. Your contact details may be used to contact you to inform you of important information related to an event you have purchased tickets to, for example time or event changes or event cancellation. Where your personal information is contained within an advertisement which we publish for you, we may also use your information for publication of that same advertisement in other media, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the initial publication.
If at the time of purchase you agreed to receive information and offers about future events directly from the venue operator and/or promoter(s) of the event by the ticketing platform, then they will provide your contact details to Bird's Basement for this purpose. Bird's Basement may use these details to contact you with information and offers regarding future events and promotions or similar business. If you wish to change this choice you can contact us. Bird's Basement will use your personal information in accordance with Bird's Basement’s privacy policies. If wish to unsubscribe from this communication you should contact Bird's Basement directly.
USE OF AGGREGATE DATA
We may collect certain non-personal information to optimise our goods and services including our Web pages for your computer (e.g., the identity of your Internet browser, the type of operating system you use, your IP address and the domain name of your Internet service provider). We may use such non-personal information for internal purposes, including but not limited to improving the content of our sites.
Bird's Basement may use personally identifiable information in aggregate form to improve our goods and services including our Web sites and make them more responsive to the needs of our customers.
Bird's Basement strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personally identifiable information of our customers. We use a variety of physical and electronic security measures including restricting physical access to our offices and firewalls and secure databases to keep personal information secure from misuse, loss or unauthorised use or disclosure.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to access most personal information we hold about you and if we deny access in some circumstances we will tell you why.
To request access, please contact our privacy officer as set out at the end of this document.
WHAT ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT PRIVACY ON THE INTERNET
Remember to close your browser when you have finished your user session. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe. You as an individual are responsible for the security of and access to your own computer.
Whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information over the Internet this information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information in publicly accessible online forums, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username and passwords and any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are using the Internet.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Please contact our Privacy Officer to ask for access to your information or if you have a complaint concerning your information privacy or if you would like more information about our approach to privacy:
Bird's Basement Privacy Officer